Deadline: February 26, 2016
The Onassis Foundation invites applications 2016 Onassis Fellowship Program for International Scholars. This is an annual program of grants and scholarships for research, study and artistic endeavour within Greece. The educational program is intended exclusively for non-Greeks.
The Foundation has announced the twenty-second (22nd) annual Program of scholarships starting on October 1, 2016 is addressed to non-Greeks, University Professors of all levels (Ph.D. holders), Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. Candidates.
Fields and Section of Research
The Programme covers the following fields and research sections:
- Educational Studies
- Political Sciences
- International and European Studies
- Social Policy
- Maritime Studies
- Public Finance
- Art History
- Visual Arts
- Film Studies
- New Media
- Cultural administration
Fellowship Benefits – Category A
- Coverage of the travel expenses for a round trip air-ticket from and to the country and place where the grantee permanently resides, for the grantee only, for the beginning of the scholarship and upon definite departure from Greece that amount a) up to Three Hundred Euros (€300.-) for a European country και b) up to One Thousand Euros ( €1,000.-) for a transatlantic trip or travel to and from countries of Asia and Africa. Fellowship recipients will be solely responsible for the purchase of their tickets
- A monthly allowance of One Thousand Five Hundred Euros (€ 1,500.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
Fellowship Benefits – Category C
- A round trip air-ticket (economy class) for the scholarship recipient only for the beginning of the scholarship and upon definite departure from Greece
- A monthly allowance of Eight Hundred and Fifty Euros (€ 850.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses
The Program covers scholarly research and the organization of lessons/seminars or lectures provided by the fellowship recipients, as invitees of a public Greek University, in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
- Persons of non-Greek descent. This also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
- Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for category A grants only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a grant or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities. This also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece, have obtained a degree outside of Greece and permanently reside outside of Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a grant or scholarship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous grant or scholarship.
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a grant or scholarship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Programme for International Scholars.
Application and Category Requirements
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- Apply online at the Foundation’s website: www.onassis.org > Scholarships > Scholarships for Foreigners > Category A or C
For more information, visit Onassis Fellowship.