2016 Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships For Bio-medical Researchers (Fully-Funded)- UK & Middle East
Deadline: January 18, 2016
Applications are currently open for the Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships. Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships give early-career biomedical researchers the chance to undertake short-term visits to further their research experience and learn new techniques. This scheme aims to build research links and developing ongoing scientific collaborations between the UK and the Middle East.
These travel fellowships provide an opportunity for biomedical researchers from the Middle East to visit a research institution of their choice in the UK, and for those from the UK to visit a research institution of their choice in the Middle East.
- They are open to medical and non-medical graduates who can show a commitment to a career in research. Applicants will typically be at clinical lecturer or post-doctoral level.
- Your research may be in any field within biomedical research, but the funding may only be used to support studies that are relevant to human health.
- The countries included in the scheme are the UK, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and the Palestinian Territories. You must either be based in the UK and plan to work in one of the other countries, or intend to come to a UK institution from one of the other countries.
- The Fellowship will cover airfare and a subsistence allowance for a period of up to four weeks. Funding is provided to an upper limit of £3,500 per fellowship (up to £750 of which can be used to cover the cost of airfares).
- The proposed visit should take place within 10 months of the date of award.
- Please note: this year we will be offering a small number of three month fellowships. The upper limit for these is £9,000 (up to £750 of which can be used to cover the cost of airfares)
How to Apply
You will need complete the application form, which can be downloaded from the link on the right hand side of this page when the scheme is open for applications. Your application must include:
- Evidence of a commitment to a career in research, for example, through having attained a higher qualification such as a PhD or MD, or through the production of published papers.
- Details of the research component of your visit.
- A signed letter from your home Head of Department (as sponsor), summarising your main achievements.
- A signed letter from the Head of Department of the host institution confirming their willingness to participate in the scheme. This letter should include brief details of the research proposed as part of your visit, and details of the person who will be supervising you for the duration of your visit, including their contact email and address.
Please email your completed application form and supporting documents to[email protected]. All emailed letters must be sent as scanned copies of the original, signed document.
For more information visit Daniel Turnberg Travel Funds