Deadline: March 4, 2016
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) is now accepting applications for the 2016/17 Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship. The ESED program offers master’s level scholarships to outstanding students for a period of up to two years. The purpose of the scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
- Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students.
- Up to ten master’s scholarships will be awarded annually.
- In addition to the master’s scholarships offered, the ESED program also supports a web-based network of scholars designed to encourage the sharing of information and knowledge among scholars and alumni.
- Programs eligible for this scholarship must show a 75% focus on renewable energy and/or the power sector in general.
- All universities are eligible for the ESED scholarship. It is preferable that the candidate pursues her/his studies in a university outside his home country.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the master’s level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients as of 2015
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- has a history of community involvement
- is committed to sustainable energy
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
How to Apply
- Information and required forms can be obtained online by clicking on this link to the Application Forms page.
- Applications should be submitted using the Online ESED Scholarship Application Submission and uploading the requested documents.
For more information, visit ESED Scholarship.