Deadline: February 15, 2016
Admission applications are now open for the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls. Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls, located in South Africa is a female boarding school founded in January 2007 and located in Johannesburg, South Africa. The academy was founded by Oprah Winfrey with the goal of providing educational and leadership opportunities for academically gifted girls from impoverished backgrounds.
- Academic talent with leadership potential
- South African Citizen or permanent resident
- Total family household income of less than R12,000 per month
- Currently in Grade 7, 8 or 9
Selected applicants will be invited to write entrance tests, which will be held at a number of different venues throughout South Africa. Further selection and more extensive testing of academic and leadership potential will follow this first round. Final selection camps lasting 2 or 3 days will be held at the Academy later in the year.
How to Apply
To apply, complete the application form,
- enclose a copy of your December 2015 school report,
- copy of household income and
- a copy of your birth certificate and post them to:
Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls
PO Box 1485,
Henley on Klip,
For more information, visit Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy For Girls.