Deadline: March 1, 2016
Applications are now open for the 2016 Heinrich Böll Foundation International Scholarships for University Studies in Germany 2016. The Heinrich Böll Foundation annually grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students across all subjects and nationalities for university studies in Germany.
Scholarship recipients are expected to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice. The scholarship department grants scholarships to undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students from inside and outside Germany.
- Preference is for applicants working in the subject areas of the Foundation such as climate and energy, resource governance, and ecology and green development (among others).
- Applicants should be capable in German language.
- The special focus regions for international students are Central and Eastern Europe; EU neighborhood countries and the CIS; the Middle East and North Africa; transition and newly industrialized countries; and conflict regions worldwide.
By March 1, 2016 interested candidates can apply for:
- undergraduate scholarship for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen) from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen)
- undergraduate scholarship for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen) scholarships from universities and universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen) for the journalism programme “Medienvielfalt, anders“
- graduate scholarships for international students
- doctoral scholarships for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen) and for international students
- doctoral scholarships in the focus programme “Transformation Research” for German and for international students
- undergraduate and graduate scholarships for refugees who are studying, or wish to study in Germany at any kind of university and regardless of their number of semester
For details of application requirements and procedures, please consult information sheet:
The online application portal opens on January 20, 2016 and closes on March 3, 2016 at the latest.
For more information, visit Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships.