Deadline: October 1, 2016
Applications are now open for The AWIB Scholarship, which is awarded to exceptional Asian women who demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, leadership, community service, and/or entrepreneurship.
Founded in 1995, Asian Women In Business (AWIB) is the only non-profit, tax-exempt organisation in the country with the primary mission of assisting Asian women entrepreneurs. Over the years, AWIB has expanded its mission to address the identified needs and issues affecting the business and professional development of Asian Americans. AWIB also serves on various task forces and boards to promote the inclusion of minority and women owned businesses and professionals.
Applicants must be-
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Female and of Asian or Pacific Islander ancestry (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam).
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) undergraduate GPA at the time of application.
- Have one or more of the following: A leadership role in a community endeavour OR A record of entrepreneurial achievement.
Each winner will receive $2,500. Awards are expected to be applied towards tuition and other education-related expenses.
How to Apply
Apply via the online form at this link. The application requires a college transcript, at least 1 letter of recommendation and two essays according to specified prompts.
Mail all materials to Asian Women In Business, 42 Broadway, Suite 1748. New York, NY 10004.
For more information, visit The Asian Women In Business Scholarship Fund.