Deadline: May 3, 2016
Applications are open to interested individuals for the Westminster Business School Excellence Scholarships. The Westminster Business School has a long history of providing management education for practitioners and professionals. The vision is to be London’s leading professionally focused and research-informed business school.
Generally, four different types of scholarships are offered for international undergraduate and postgraduate students:
- Full scholarships – which provide for tuition fee costs, living expenses, accommodation and flights to and from the UK;
- Full tuition fee award scholarships – 100% tuition fee award only;
- Half tuition fee award scholarships – 50% tuition fee award only;
- Part tuition fee award scholarships – up to 50% tuition fee award only.
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply for a maximum of two types of scholarship.
- UK/EU undergraduate students may apply for as many UK/EU undergraduate scholarships as they wish.
Each of the scholarships has its own set of eligibility criteria which applicants should check carefully to make sure they are eligible before beginning application. Below is the general eligibility criteria for the scholarship program.
- Applicant must be an international student from a developing country and hold an offer for a full-time Masters at the Westminster Business School.
- As a result of the University’s two-year reapplication rule, postgraduate applicants who unsuccessfully applied for a scholarship in January 2015, September 2015 or January 2016 are ineligible to apply for a scholarship for September 2015.
- If you already have an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) you are ineligible to apply for a scholarship. So, if you are a graduate applying for another undergraduate degree or a Master’s graduate applying for a postgraduate degree you are treated as an ELQ student.
- The only exception to this is if:
- You are a postgraduate applicant with a Master’s degree applying for a PhD programme or
- Your international Master’s qualification is regarded as equivalent to a UK undergraduate degree.
- If you have already obtained a degree in a developed country, you will not be eligible to apply for one of the full scholarships (covering flights, accommodation, tuition fees and living expenses). You may, however, apply for one of the tuition fee award scholarships, providing that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants are to complete all the relevant application forms:
- They will need to provide the following supporting documentation:
- A copy of the letter/email from the University of Westminster confirming your conditional or unconditional offer of a place on your chosen course.
- An official copy of your transcript from your most recent/current academic study.
- A reference letter written specifically in support of your scholarship application. This should be written by a previous tutor, professor, academic or employer (where relevant to your chosen degree course) and cannot be the same reference provided as part of your admission application.
- Please note that certified translations of any supporting documents written in languages other than English must be provided. Also, please do not send your own personal copies or originals of documents.
For more information, read Scholarship Brochure and FAQs or visit Westminster Business School Excellence Scholarships.