Paid Position: Full-Time Junior Assistant at University of Gent
Deadline: February 10, 2016
The Faculty of Arts and Philosophy at the University of Gent, are looking for full-time junior assistant within the department Languages and Cultures. Individuals interested in conducting doctoral research and pursuing a doctoral degree in one of the following fields are invited to apply:
- Anthropology of South Eastern Europe and related disciplines dealing with contemporary South Eastern Europe (cultural studies, history, political science, human rights, or literature);
- ld Slavonic, historical linguistics of Slavic, pre-modern Slavic cultural history;
- Russian linguistics, discourse analysis, Slavic folklore.
Your appointment will start by March 1, 2016 at the earliest.
- At least 50% of Junior Assistant’s assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in one or more of the three fields listed above;
- They will assist in the teaching activities at the programme of Slavonic and East European studies;
- They will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
- A two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years.
Attention: If you are currently working as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University and your cumulative percentage exceeds 30%, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about this can be found here.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. See a complete overview of all fringe benefits.
- Candidate should hold a Master’s degree in Slavic and East European studies or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- They should be interested in academic and/or project-based research and services;
- They should be interested in conducting doctoral research and pursuing a doctoral degree in one of the following fields:
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended;
- They should have excellent teaching and communication skills;
- And know at least one of the following Slavic languages (Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Old Slavonic, Russian).
All applications must be sent to [email protected], with the following documents attached as one file:
- Application letter;
- A transcript of the required degree;
- An overview of your study results;
- A research proposal (between 1500 and 2000 words).
- Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2016-01-25. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as your application has been received.
For more information, visit Full-Time Junior Assistant at Universitiet Ghent.