Communications and Events Intern at Bruegels (Paid Position)
Deadline: February 24, 2016
An intern is needed in the Communications and Events Team at Bruegel for a 6 month internship. Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think thank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and outreach related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is the leading European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. They are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
Communication: Support press and online media outreach, including the various distribution channels used by Bruegel for publication and research.
Events: support the team in events organisation, including logistics and impact follow-up on target audiences.
The internship is paid, full time and based at Bruegel’s office in Brussels.
- Academic background in political science, social sciences, journalism, communication, law or equivalent;
- Interest in economic policy and knowledge European affairs;
- Available for six months, full-time, starting beginning of April 2016;
- The selected candidate will preferably be at her/his first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of studies;
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English. Knowledge of other European languages and/or Chinese is a plus.
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Ability to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Policy analysis skills;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Computer literate, knowledge of graphic software is a plus.
- To submit your application for this vacancy, please apply via Linkedin;
- Attach a motivation letter with your CV. Please note that only applications including a motivation letter will be considered;
- Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype during the second half of February.
- Due to the high number of applications usually received for Bruegel vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, visit Communications and Events Intern.