Hot Job: Partners in Health, Liberia
Partners in Health, Liberia is looking for a Business Investment Manager. The Business Investment Manager will be responsible for helping Partners In Health Liberia to drive economic development in Harper, Liberia. S/he will work with senior leadership to identify primary business opportunities and then will work to formally establish businesses that help spur economic development through employing both local raw materials sourcing and local staff. The right person for this role is a self-starter with experience working in investment banking/private equity and/or a start-up business.
- Conduct a market analysis to better understand the market demand for certain types of businesses.
- Identify 2-5 start-up business opportunities worth pursuing and/or investing in.
- Develop multi-year business plans for each opportunity.
- Provide inputs and program design for grant proposals related to business investing in Liberia.
- Conduct financial analysis for existing or new PIH businesses or programs
- Hire and train local staff to begin executing on business plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Finance; MBA or MA in Finance or Economics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience doing investment banking, private equity, or at a start-up business.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to produce detailed financial models and budgets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management or external parties.
- A proven self-starter who is able to navigate ambiguous situations is critical.
- Cultural sensitivity/ability to interact effectively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work with little supervision.
- Ability to live in West Africa full-time required.
About Partners in Health
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through PIH’s partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, it support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
How to Apply
Apply online here.
For more information, visit Partners in Health Career site.