MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge – Teams to Win Over $75,000 in Prizes
Deadline: March 27, 2016
Jump start your big idea with $25,000 and an invaluable support network. The MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge powered by Jumia was born out of the desire to contribute to building a stronger and more sustainable business environment in Africa and to boost the entrepreneurial spirit of Africa. It is a Pan-African challenge and invites teams from across the continent.
Reflecting both the MTN Solution Space’s and Jumia’s passion for responsible e-business, the focus will be on sustainable and responsible digital solutions for the African market. The main criteria that will be evaluated are: Fit to African Market; Operational Feasibility; Innovation and Financials.
- Teams to win over $75,000 in prizes, including investment, cash, and in-kind awards.
- Finalist teams will get a trip to Cape Town, South Africa to present at the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge powered by Jumia Festival in May 2016. The winners will be announced at the festival with the top team being awarded the opportunity for incubation at the premises of either MTN Solution Space in Cape Town, or at one of 9 Jumia offices across the continent.
- Teams will also have the opportunity to meet and network with early stage investors, experienced business professionals and successful entrepreneurs who will serve as judges for the competition.
- See Additional Prizes.
- Teams must be comprised of 2-3 members, at least one of which must be a current student or recent graduate of an African university;
- Entrants cannot be part of more than one team;
- Only one business plan can be submitted per team;
- Business projects can only be submitted in either English or French;
- The business project must be focused around online-based solutions and must be relevant to the African market. Criteria consist of: Fit to African Market; Operational Feasibility; Innovation and Financials;
- Projects must consist of 2 elements: Executive Summary (2 pages including SWOT analysis) and Financial Statement (pro forma – Income Statement);
- All ideas must be original and plagiarised entries will not be considered;
- Finalists must be free and willing to travel to Cape Town, South Africa for the Entrepreneurship Festival from May 26 – 28, 2016;
- MTN Solution Space and Jumia ensure the strict protection of Intellectual Property Rights and sensitive details of your innovation will be kept confidential. Everyone involved in the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge powered by Jumia selection process is bound by a MTN Solution Space/Jumia and MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge Non-Disclosure agreement requiring them to keep all information confidential.
Failure to obey any of the rules or requirements listed above can result in automatic disqualification with no possibility for further participation in the future editions of the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge powered by Jumia. Read Competitions Terms and Conditions.
- Begin Application Here.
For more information, visit MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge.