Deadline: April 25, 2016
Applications are now accepted for the Momentum for Change’s 2016 Lighthouse Activities. Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
Apply, if you’re leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change!
Applicants must choose one of the following three focus areas where their activity is making a difference.
- Women for Results: Recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change.
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: Recognizing successful financial innovations and funding mechanisms that are unlocking climate finance and building capacity.
- ICT Solution: Recognizing ICT solutions across all sectors in society that are reducing energy use, cutting greenhouse gas emissions and building resilience to the effects of climate change.
If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- fully covered attendance to the 2016 UN Climate Change Conference in Marrakech, Morocco;
- access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference; public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training;
- high-quality promotional videos and podcasts;
- a dedicated page about your project on our website; and
- graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography.
- Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized as a 2016 Lighthouse Activity.
How to Apply
- To start a new application, register in the online application portal.
Lighthouse Activities will be announced in September 2016 and officially recognized and celebrated during an award ceremony and a series of special events in November at the UN Climate Change Conference in Marrakech, Morocco.
For more information, visit Momentum for Change.