TK Foundation South Africa Youth Development Fund 2016
Deadline: April 8, 2016
The TK Foundation introduced its grant programme to South Africa in 2012 to support programmes that create jobs, offer workforce education and develop employment skills to ensure a brighter and productive future for South Africa. Confronted with one of the highest unemployment rates worldwide and coupled with a poor quality of education and a high dropout rate, South African youth are facing surmounting challenges identifying, securing, and sustaining meaningful employment.
The TK Foundation will continue its work in addressing the needs of youth in South Africa with the introduction of The TK Foundation South Africa Youth Development Fund 2016. A total of R15 million has been committed to supporting organisations working in the following areas:
- Improving youths’ educational achievement;
- Preparing youth for succeeding in the workforce;
- Providing support services to youth; and
- Promoting youth leadership skills.
These programmes must be effective, opening access to opportunities and helping prepare beneficiaries aged 15-25 to become self-sufficient.
- The TK Foundation has approximately R15,000,000 in total to grant to successful applicants. Grant requests may range from R900,000 – R4,500,000.
- Multi-year grant requests not exceeding the top grant range that fall within a grant period of up to three years will be considered.
- Eligible applicants must be Non-Profit/Public Benefit Organisations that are exempt from income tax under Section 30 of the Income Tax Act;
- Applicants are to be located in, and/or have programmes operating within South Africa.
- Applicants must operate without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
- Applicants who are a previous or current TK Foundation Fund grantee must have completed all reporting requirements to date.
- To apply for funding, please submit an online application.
For more information on The TK Foundation South Africa Youth Development Fund 2016, please read Application Guidelines or contact Heather Cooper at +27.82.823.2744 or email@example.com.
For more information, visit TK Foundation.