Deadline: April 30, 2016
Applications are open for UNESCO/POLAND Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships. Fellowships will be given to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering. The fellowships are offered with a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland.
Since its creation UNESCO’s mission has been to contribute to the building of peace, poverty eradication, lasting development and intercultural dialogue, with education as one of its principal activities to achieve this aim.
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations.
- Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organised for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair.
- Monthly allowance of 1350 PLN (1 USD = approximately 3.9 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and;
- A one especial allowance of 1350 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- No provision to finance or lodge family members is made.
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution, this certificate will be given after receipt of the requested reports and financial clearance from the Institution.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
In order to be eligible to apply, candidate must to:
- Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be a citizen of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean.
- Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by April 30, 2016 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address.
- An advance copy of the application should be sent by fax (33.1) 45.68.55.03 or by e-mail unesco3(at)agh.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; [email protected] and [email protected]. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- UNESCO fellowships Application Form, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
For more information, visit UNESCO/POLAND Fellowships.