Preparing Global Leaders Institute (PGLI) 2016 in Struga and Skopje, Macedonia (Scholarships Available)
Deadline: April 3, 2016
Applications are open for the Preparing Global Leaders Institute (PGLI) taking place from August 11-12, 2016 in Struga and Skopje, Macedonia. PGLI is a premiere two week program for the best students and young professionals in the world.
Participants will take short courses on political economy, international relations, diplomacy, foreign policy, leadership and communication from a distinguished, award-winning faculty. Beyond the classroom delegates will be challenged to develop and demonstrate their skills in media, speech, parliamentary, and advertising simulations and competitions.
- Delegates will hear political dignitaries discuss their leadership experiences and have the opportunity to socialize with talented and accomplished young leaders from 50+ countries.
- Delegates will benefit from immersion in the host country during an 10-day stay on the beautiful coast of the Lake of Ohrid, a UNESCO heritage site, and concluding weekend in the Macedonian Capital Skopje, alongside recreational trips to Ohrid, St. Naum, and Vevchani.
Program Cost and Financial Support
The full cost of the program is 1500 EUR covering tuition fees, accommodation, 36 meals (full board), special events, sports facilities, vocational trips, and transportation Struga-Skopje. Delegates are responsible for travel arrangements and associated VISA costs (if needed) to Macedonia.
There is also a range of financial support available. Delegates are nonetheless expected to pay a minimum contribution of 300 EUR. Upon admission, all delegates will be provided with a PGLI Recommendation Letter to support potential fund-raising activities.
Financial support is allocated on a rolling basis and earlier applications are given priority, therefore, applicants in need of financial support are urged to apply before the priority deadline.
- Citizens of any country in the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants born in 1981 and after.
- All applicants must be either enrolled to a higher education institution or have already completed university level studies.
- Applications are welcome by young professionals provided that they have completed at least first cycle of university studies.
- Complete the online application form to register. You will need the following documents:
- Recent photo (jPEG format);
- CV and, if requesting Financial Aid;
- Letter of Reference Documenting Financial Need (highly recommended);
- A confirmation letter to all applicants will be sent by e-mail upon acceptance of the application.
- All applicants will be additionally informed by e-mail on the decision by the PGLI Admissions Board. This decision will be final and cannot be appealed upon delivery.
- Information and consent forms will be mailed in April, May, and June 2016.
- PGLI will grant refunds only when a cancellation is received by July 11, 2016.
For more information, visit PGLI 2016.