Deadline: May 10, 2016
UNICEF is accepting applications for its internship program. The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Internships are offered depending on the availability of meaningful assignments and the needs and capacity of units/offices to receive and supervise intern.
The duration of an internship is normally between six and sixteen weeks. The total duration may be extended up to a maximum of six months, when there are special requirements and / or special needs of the receiving division / office.
Areas of work
- Programme and Policy: Adolescent Development; Communication for Development (C4D); Child Protection; Early Childhood Development; Education; Emergencies; Expanded Programme Immunization; Gender; Health; HIV / AIDS; Human Rights; Innovation; Knowledge Management; Monitoring & Evaluation; Nutrition; Programme Management; Policy Analysis & Planning; Social and Economic Policy; Statistics and Monitoring; WASH
- Operations: Finance and Administration; Human Resource; Internal Audit Management; Information Communication Technology; Legal; Operations and Business Management; Supply / Logistics
- External Relations: Alliances and Resource Mobilization; Communication / External Relations; Private Fundraising and Partnerships; UN and Multilateral Affairs
Eligible candidates must be
- Enrolled in a graduate (Master’s) degree or undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree and will have completed at least two years of full-time studies towards completion of my undergraduate degree.
- have excellent academic performance and can demonstrate it by my recent university or other academic institution records.
- proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages (English, French or Spanish) and fluent in the working language of the office I am interested to work in.
How to Apply
Apply online here. When completing your application, you will be asked to indicate the dates you are available to do an internship. Please make sure to always keep the information in your profile up-to-date, as the database is being refreshed every year.
For more information, visit UNICEF Jobs