Deadlines: April 15 (Round 1); June 30 (Round 2), 2016
impactAFRICA is offering funds for data-driven storytelling. This initiative will seek to support pioneering data journalism that tackles development issues, such as public healthcare, in six initial African countries: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
impactAFRICA is open to applications from teams of journalists or news innovators from all across the world
See full eligibility requirement here.
- Best investigative report
- Best data-driven story
- Best service journalism
Both the journalists and their newsrooms will receive cash prizes
- impactAFRICA is offering $500,000 in support for finalists and winners.
- impactAFRICA will offer support from Code for Africa’s software labs in all six participating countries, to help finalists build digital/mobile prototypes of their projects. Finalists will also get access to data analysts and design experts to help them transform their projects into dynamic interactive multimedia stories.
- Finalists will be flown to the pan-African MediaParty in Cape Town in May 2016, for an intensive StoryCamp to help showshop their projects.
- impactAFRICA will also work with the winners of round one to syndicate their work internationally or otherwise promote their reportage to help them win the largest possible audiences. Selected winners will also be sponsored to showcase their work at international media events.
How to Apply
Submit applications via the impactAFRICA online form.
For more information, visit impactAFRICA Funds.