Commonwealth Photography Competition 2016
Deadline: April 25, 2016
The Commonwealth is pleased to announce its new photography competition designed to inspire people throughout the 53 member countries of the Commonwealth to hone their camera skills and capture striking images that reflect this year’s theme of ‘An Inclusive Commonwealth’.
The Commonwealth theme for 2016, ‘An Inclusive Commonwealth’, celebrates the diversity of this community of nations, which is made up of more than two billion people. The Commonwealth Photography Competition aims to encourage new talent and showcase captivating images which help to represent the theme.
Open to Commonwealth citizens of all ages, submitted photographs should epitomise the beauty and individuality that help to define the modern Commonwealth. Only one photograph can be submitted per entrant.
Criteria for judging will be based on:
- Relation to the theme – how closely does the photography relate to the theme of ‘An Inclusive Commonwealth’?
- Composition – how has the shot been framed? What angle is it shot from? What is the subject of the image?
- Focus – is the subject of the photo immediately clear?
- Difficulty – how difficult was the shot to obtain?
- Originality of idea
The winning photographs will form part of an exhibition at the Commonwealth Secretariat’s headquarters in London throughout 2016. These photographs will also feature in a new Commonwealth Calendar for 2017 and be published and promoted on the Commonwealth’s website and social media accounts. Each featured finalist will receive a copy of the calendar, in addition to a cash prize.
- Commonwealth Photographer of the Year 2016: The photographer with the picture judged by a panel of judges to be the best overall will receive a cash prize of £1,000 (GBP).
- Regional Awards: The best photographer from Africa, Asia, Caribbean and the Americas, Europe, and the Pacific will each receive a cash prize of £500 (GBP).
- Highly Commended Award: The photographer with the entry which receives the most ‘likes’ on Instagram will receive £100 (GBP).
How to enter
Submit your entries here.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Photography Competition