UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Contest 2016
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Send entries for the UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Contest 2016. Young African citizens currently residing on the continent between the age of 18-25 are invited to submit an essay for this year’s Essay Contest. The essay contest aims to provide a space for the youth across Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership.
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner of the essay contest.
A total of five finalists will be selected. The finalists will be brought to Dar es Salaam to receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the Africa Leadership Forum Dinner Gala on July 28, 2016, which will be attended by former Heads of State and senior leaders from across Africa in the public sector, private sector and civil society. The overall winner will be invited to read the winning essay at the event. The essay will also be published on UONGOZI Institute’s blog and in one of the leading regional magazines in Africa.
- The contest is open to all African citizens between the age of 18 – 25 years old, to write about their perspective on Leadership.
- The essays should respond to the following question: What would you do as a leader to address the challenges facing African businesses?
- The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 2.54cm for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to contest theme.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Essays should be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Applicants must also submit proof of identification for travel (valid passport) and a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
- The final deadline for submission will be Tuesday, May 31, 2016 (5pm GMT).
- The top five finalists will be notified via email by the first week of July. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.
For more information, visit UONGOZI Essay Contest.