Deadline: May 19, 2016
Applications for the International Leadership Programme 2016 are now open! The International Leadership Programme (ILP) is an innovative leadership development opportunity which aims to develop leadership skills, inspire thinking about global issues and equip young people to become involved in their local communities.
The 12-month programme starts with the International Summit, which brings together 80 international young leaders aged 25-35 to participate in a two-week residential training conference, featuring worldrenowned leadership trainers and speakers. The Summit includes leadership skills workshops, inspirational sessions on global issues such as poverty and sustainability, and visits to projects in the local area which demonstrate leadership in action.
Following the Summit participants return home and are matched with a Mosaic mentor who supports them to write a personal ‘Action Plan’ outlining how they will put their learning into action in their local community. Participants report to Mosaic and their mentor on their progress against targets set in their Action Plan for 12 months following the Summit. It’s during this period that the participants’ newly learned skills and leadership abilities are put to use and their community starts to see the benefits.
Applicants are urged to consider carefully whether they have the ambition and drive to commit fully to this year long programme and to dedicate yourself for the benefit of others.
- Be a national of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia (resident in Kenya), Syria (resident in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Turkey & Lebanon),Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
Please note that ID and proof of address will be asked for during the interview process.
- Be 25–35 years old in November 2016
- Be able to attend the two week Summit in November 2016
- Make a commitment to complete the 12 month programme in full
- Fluent in English (all elements of the programme will be conducted in English
This is a fully-funded opportunity. Mosaic network makes all arrangements for travel, accommodation, and meals, to an adequate but not luxury standard; a realistic expectation is that of average university provision. Participants will have their own single bedroom.
The key dates for the International Leadership Programme are:
- Applications Open – 13 April 2016
- Applications Close – 19 May 2016
- Interviews – 6 June – 29 July 2016
- All applicants informed of the outcome of their interviews – 5 August 2016
- Summit in the United Arab Emirates – November 2016
How to Apply
For more information, visit ILP Mosaic Network