U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative (HEI) – Public University Scholarships
Deadline: May 31, 2016
The USAID-funded Public University Scholarships program through the U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative is a scholarship for high school graduates to attend excellence programs at public universities in parallel with specially-designed supplementary enhancement activities such as English, leadership training and career planning, as well as internships, community service, and study abroad. The program will interweave the private sector and practical experiences so that graduates are primed to enter and contribute to the workforce in Egypt, in sectors that are critical to the economic development of the country.
The scholarship provides opportunities in specializations important for the future of Egypt. So, there are scholarships for the excellence programs in the Faculties of Engineering, Education, Information Technology, Science, Agriculture, Law, Commerce, Nursing, Mass Communication, and Economics.
- Tuition fees and ongoing academic support;
- Intensive English and study skills program;
- Leadership, character building, and business development training;
- Mentoring and networking activities;
- Internship and summer training in field of study;
- Semester / Study summer at a univeristy abroad;
- Support at job search and placement after graduation.
- Egyptian young men and women enrolled in Thanaweyya Amma in government schools including STEM schools;
- Student achievers in their first and second secondary results;
- Participated in community activities;
- Includes scholarships specifically for disabled applicants.
For more information, visit US/Egypt HEI Scholarships.