Deadline: May 5, 2016
MEDRC is delighted to announce the 2016 Water Research Fellowship Program in collaboration with the Palestinian Water Authority and the Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Jordan. This is a unique initiative that supports Jordanian and Palestinian researchers at Jordanian and Palestinian Universities. The goal of the initiative is to build local capacity and seek research solutions to pressing water sector priorities as defined by Palestinian and Jordanian water authorities and universities.
Since 2012 MEDRC has offered more than 100 Masters Research Fellowships focused on water management, reuse and desalination. MEDRC Research Fellows are committed to the further development of water management, desalination or reuse in their respective countries. Alumni are part of an extensive network, stimulating international dialogue and cross-cultural exchange.
The total award will be between $3,000 – $6,500 USD as a contribution towards tuition fees, living expenses and research costs. The award will be paid in three instalments against the following deliverables:
- Signed Fellowship Agreement returned to MEDRC;
- Endorsed mid-term progress report;
- Endorsed final thesis.
Endorsement will be issued by the thesis supervisor and the Palestinian Water Authority or the Ministry for Water and Irrigation, Jordan.
- Applicant must be a resident national of Palestine or Jordan.
- Applicants are expected to have:
- an unconditional offer for, or be enrolled on, a relevant full time course at a Participating University;
- completed an undergraduate degree in a related subject or have equivalent work experience in a related sector;
- A clear thesis proposal, which addresses an immediate need or specific problem as identified by the water authorities in Jordan or Palestine related to water management, desalination or water reuse.
- The candidate’s ability to have a significant, positive impact on water management, desalination or water reuse issues in the MENA region during their career will also form part of the competitive selection process.
- Read Guidiance Note for applicants before proceeding with application.
- Eligible candidates are required to submit a completed application form and required documents by May 5, 2016.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in a selection process in May.
- Successful candidates will be notified of award by the relevant authority between June and July.
For more information, visit MERDC Fellowships.