2016 UN Palestinian Media Practitioner Training Programme
Deadline: May 17, 2016
Applications for 2016 training programme are now being accepted. As part of a special information programme mandated by the United Nations General Assembly, the UN Department of Public Information – Strategic Communications Division – Palestine, Decolonization and Human Rights Section organizes an annual training programme for Palestinian media practitioners.
The programme aims to provide hands-on skills training on different topics, as well as access to UN officials and diplomats. The participants are usually aged between 23 and 33. Since it started in 1995, more than 150 journalists/trainees have benefited from the programme.
- Candidates should work in the field of journalism and print/online media;
- They should have mastery of the English Language and;
- Be between the ages of 23-33 years.
- The United Nations will cover the costs of travel and accommodation. The selection process will take place in NewYork and the Department of Public Information will directly inform participants who have been selected.
- Applications from candidates employed within the UN system will not be considered.
- Participants will be required to comply with all rules of the programme and submit a final project, in order to ensure successful completion of the programme.
- Only applications completed through the online form will be accepted.
- Complete the Online Application Form in English;
- Ensure to provide a copy of your most recent resume (in English) and samples of your work in one file. Resumes and samples of work are not required, but you are strongly encouraged to provide them. The file type must be .doc or .docx or .pdf and cannot be larger than 2MB.
For more information, visit UN Palestinian Media Training.