Deadline: June 10, 2016
Clara Lionel Foundation invites applications for Global Scholarship Program for students from Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica. Scholarship Program is available for study in the United States.
Applicants to the Clara Lionel Foundation Global Scholarship Program must be:
- a citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica. Applicants must have been born in one of these countries. If selected as a finalist, you will need to provide a copy of your birth certificate.
- Eligible to study in the United States and been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university located in the United States. As part of your application, you will need to upload a copy of your acceptance letter.
- A first time college freshmen (with fewer than 12 college credits unless those credits were earned in high school) planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
- No employee or consultant of the Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) or Roc Nation, LLC, or any family member of such employee or consultant, is eligible to apply. No officer or director of the CLF, member of the Selection Committee, employee, consultant or family member of any officer, director, or member of the Selection Committee, is eligible to apply.
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 USD.
- Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) each semester.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only and may be used only for tuition expenses.
How to Apply
- Start by clicking Register to Apply You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, NewYork, NY) must be used.
- Applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the Lock and Submit button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
For more information, visit Clara Lionel Foundation