Deadline: May 22, 2016
Are you an active blogger, or an online activist who wants to shift mindsets, shape social change, mobilize people? Are you interested in gaining new skills for storytelling with visuals, text or data? This call might be just for you! Shift. Shape. Mobilize. is a network for bloggers and online activists from Europe. In 2016 the workshop is throwing light on TRUE LIES.
The German Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb) together with Sourcefabric and n-ost, welcome you to take part in a 6-day workshop in Odessa, Ukraine, from July 31 – August 7, 2016. The workshop will open with an introductory day on “True Lies” and the role of alternative sources of information in polarized societies.
All costs will be covered by the organizers of the event, including travel to/from Odessa, visa, accommodation, meals and all materials to be used during the workshop.
Note: Selected participants will be asked to bring their own laptop, camera and microphone.
- Open to Bloggers and online activists from different European countries. Applicantions from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and the Russian Federation are especially welcome. Selection will be made in line with gender and geographical balance;
- Candidates should be actively blogging or regularly posting in social media on sociopolitical topics, either by directly addressing social, political, economic or environmental issues in your country or in Europe, or by addressing them in an artistic way, such as photography, comics, music, artistic actions and campaigns, etc;
- They should be proficient in English (the workshop will be conducted in English);
- Candidate should be available to attend the workshop in full, from July 31 (arrival) to August 7 (departure) in Odessa, Ukraine.
- Please note that you can’t apply before attaining legal age.
Interested candidates should fill the application form in English. Within your application you will be asked to opt for one out of three tracks.
Send any question concerning the workshop to Annika: [email protected]
For more information, visit Workshop for Bloggers.