Call for Nominations- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert Program 2016 For Global Educators
Deadline: July 15, 2016
Are you a self-driven educator who inspires students with outside-the-box thinking and a true collaborative spirit? The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert Program is for you! Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert Program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for better learning and student outcomes.
MIE Experts work closely with Microsoft to pioneer innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on the effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. They provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together.
This program is open to educators around the world.
Benefits for MIE Experts
- Receive publicity and promotion via social media and other Microsoft channels.
- Professional and career development opportunities and certifications.
- Share their expertise with world-renowned educators and specialists to scale their innovations.
- Present in Microsoft’s global EduCast Webinar series (http://aka.ms/educast).
- Participate in focus groups giving feedback to a development teams on Microsoft products.
- Join invitation-only special events from Microsoft.
- Share their passion for Microsoft technology with peers and policymakers, and through social media, blogs and videos.
- Test out new products while in beta form.
- Represent Microsoft through product demonstrations, and by attending events.
- Build educator capacity in your community (school, district or at training events) by training and coaching colleagues and inviting them to join the online Microsoft Educator Community.
- Collaborate with innovative educators across the globe using Skype in the Classroom
- Host regional events showcasing uses of Microsoft technology in the classroom.
- Achieve eligibility to earn an all-expense paid trip to the Microsoft Global Educator Exchange Event (E2), Spring 2016.
Nominate yourself between June 1, 2016 and July 15, 2016 to become a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert!
- Be sure you’re a member of the Microsoft Educator Community, and complete your profile. (You will need to submit the URL to your public profile as a part of the nomination process. You can find your URL by going into “Edit Profile” and looking under “basic information.”)
- Create a 2-minute Office Mix, video or Sway* that creatively answers the following questions:
- Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?
- Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Include artifacts that demonstrate your innovation.
- If you become an MIE Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role?
*To share the Mix/video/Sway in your nomination, you will need to post it somewhere that allows you to create a URL to share it.
Complete the self-nomination form by July 15, 2016.
For more information, visit Microsoft TechNet