Apply: Inclusive Media Training for Female Journalists 2016 – Amman, Jordan (fully-funded)
Deadline: June 15, 2016
Applications are now invited for the 2016 Inclusive Media training for female journalists. The “Inclusive Media: Rethinking Journalism Conditions for Women Across the Middle East” is a five-day training for 20 female journalists from Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, hosted in Amman, Jordan. The training takes place from August 1- 5 2016.
About the Training
“Inclusive Media” is a cooperation between the Middle East and North Africa Committee (menac) of the European Youth Press (EYP) and Daem for Media. It is funded by the International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF), the Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany, ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen) and pedagogically supported by the Syrian Female Journalist Network (SFJN).
In the training, participants will get the chance to share experience on risk and gender, challenges in their work-life and for women in media across borders. The training will result in a one-day media production, facilitated by menac and the trainers. Participants are expected to bring stories they want to work on to the training. Alternatively participants can use this day to build reporting groups for follow-up stories and get advice and counselling in terms of content and security from trainers and facilitators. Additionally, participants will receive a one-day hands-on security training. The week will be complemented by high-profile panel discussions and a cultural evening programme.
Cost and Benefits
- The lodging, meals and workshop materials will be covered.
- Participants are expected to provide their own health insurance and bear the visa costs if they need visa to enter Jordan.
- The organizing team will be refunding travel expenses based on submitted receipts and tickets. They expect participants to book flights immediately after confirmation and travel information has been shared. They cannot cover higher costs, if flights are booked at a later moment and prices have increased.
- Female (identifying as female) journalist
- 20 – 30 years old at the time of the training (please include your date of birth in your CV)
- Residing in one of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany, Italy, or Spain
- Fluent in English
- Professional experience; at least 2 years of full-time journalistic experience desirable
- Intercultural experience – living, working, travel, reporting, research trips or study of the respective region
How to Apply
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “IM 2016 Application” including the following documents:
- CV (please include your date of birth).
- Cover letter detailing how this training benefits your career or personal development.
- A short text (2000 characters max.) on what has been your most challenging situation as a journalist.
- 3 working samples in English – we accept all formats, including radio, video, photos essays or text. Links are strongly preferred.
For more information, visit Inclusive Media Training for Journalists.