Apply to the Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships 2018
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships provide a framework for established academics with an international reputation to pursue their research at the EUI. Fellowships last for up to ten months in one of the EUI’s four Departments which in turn invite fellows to participate in departmental activities (seminars, workshops, colloquia, etc.). Fellows are encouraged to make contact with researchers sharing their academic interests, may be involved in the teaching and thesis supervision tasks of EUI professors, and associated with one of the research projects being carried out at the EUI.
Candidates must indicate their intended length of stay in the application but the hosting department may propose a different and/or shorter period to successful candidates subject to available funding. Fellowships are not normally awarded for the months of July and August.
- The monthly stipend is € 3,000. The amount of the grant for successful applicants whose normal place of residence is within 90 km of Florence will be fixed at a lower rate.
- Open to established academics with an international reputation. Former professors or fellows of the EUI are eligible after three years have elapsed since their last contract with the EUI;
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible;
- Fellows must live in Florence for the duration of the fellowship so that they can take an active part in the academic activities of their Department;
- Fellows should have a good knowledge of English and of any other language relevant to their proposed research.
Candidates are selected by a committee consisting of teaching staff from the relevant Department. Final approval is made by the Executive Committee. Their decision is final and there is no appeal.
- Register on the Application Portal;
- Prepare your CV (a short CV of maximum 5 pages including education, professional experience, prizes and other major achievements) with a selected list of publications (a list of your books, contributions to books and major professional journals) in PDF
- Prepare a research proposal (2-4 pages) in PDF. (Use standard international fonts and avoid macros, special characters and password-protected attachments)
- The EUI does not request reference letters at this stage but candidates are asked to provide the names and contact details of two referees whom the EUI may contact at a later date.
- The Department of Economics considers applications for the 30 March and the 30 September deadline.
- The Department of Law considers applications only for the 30 March deadline.
- The Department of History and Civilization considers applications only for the 30 September deadline for fellowships during the following academic year (September to June).
- The Department of Political and Social Sciences considers applications only for the 30 September deadline.
For more information, visit Fernand Braudel Fellowship.