Call for Nominations: TWAS Regional Prize 2016
Deadline: June 20, 2016
The National Commission for Science and Technology is identifying suitable candidates for the TWAS Regional Prize of The World Academy of Sciences Regional Office for sub-Saharan Africa (TWAS-ROSSA).
TWAS seeks to honour an outstanding scientist who has played key roles in the establishment of lively scientific institutions and also who has significantly expanded the activities of established institution(s) in the developing world.. The prize is awarded in fulfilment of the TWAS objective of recognising, supporting and promoting scientific capacity and excellence in the developing world.
- The award comprises an award certificate with a citation on the winner’s scientific achievement, as well as a cash prize of 3000 USD. The winner will be announced at the annual TWAS General Assembly and Conference which will be held from November 12–17, 2016 in Kigali, Rwanda. The prize will be awarded formally by TWAS-ROSSA at a suitable event thereafter.
- Nominees must be nationals of countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the establishment and or expansion of scientific institutions in the developing world;
- Nominations are invited from TWAS and AAS Fellows, Fellows/Members of National Academies and Young Academies in the region, Research Institutions, Research Councils and Universities in the region;
- The nomination of women is encouraged.
- Fill the nomination form.
NCST will submit the completed nomination form and the supporting documents to email@example.com by June 20, 2016.
For more information, visit TWAS Regional Prize.