Deadline: June 10, 2016
Send your entries now for the Alfred Fried Photography Awards. Photography captures the sentiment of a moment, reflecting the actual world in a picture. The Alfred Fried Photography Award aims to present human efforts to live together in peace and the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful coexistence.
The Alfred Fried Photography Award will be organized in partnership with UNESCO, the Austrian Parliament, the Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association and the International Press Institute (IPI). The Award is presented annually on 21 September, the UN International Peace Day.
- The sum of €10,000 will be awarded to the winner.
Open to professional and amateur photographers from anywhere in the world.
- The jury will judge the photographs on artistic merit, originality, subject and style.
- Submit entries here;
- You upload your entry as a .jpg file or files. You can make changes to your entries, or delete them, in your entry overview (my entries) until the deadline. After the deadline all your remaining entries will be submitted automatically;
- You may upload digital files to the submission page; Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with a size between 2000 pixels and 3000 pixels on the longest side. The maximum file size is 2 MB. Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders;
- For each submission (single image or story) you need a caption in english, maximum length 750 characters.
Winners will be notified by mail.