Crop Scouting Competition for Iowa Youth 2016
Deadline: July 1, 2016
The Iowa State University Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program is pleased to present the fifth annual Crop Scouting Competition for Iowa Youth. The purpose of the contest is to provide students an opportunity to learn crop scouting and principles of IPM for corn and soybean and to obtain knowledge and skills helpful in future careers related to agricultural and environmental sciences. The competition will be a one-day event focusing on outdoor learning.
Each 3-5 person team is to be led and accompanied by an adult team leader. Teams should work with their leader to train on a regular basis before the competition. Past team leaders have been FFA or agriculture teachers, seed dealers, coop employees, and others. Iowa State is an international university with a friendly welcoming personality. It offers a great environment where students can enjoy reaching their potential and discovering their passions.
- $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, $150 for 3rd, $50 for 4th will be given;
- Each participant will also receive a free event t-shirt;
- The top two teams will be invited to the regional competition, held near Ames, IA on August 31.
- Open to High school students (those completing grades 9-12) from Iowa. They are invited to compete and showcase crop scouting abilities in corn and soybean.
- Complete the registration form.
- A registration fee of $50 is required. This fee will be refunded when the team attends the competition.
You can submit form in one of the following ways:
- Fax: 515-294-9420
- Mail: Adam Sisson, 351 Bessey Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011
- Email: ajsisson-at-iastate.edu
For more information, visit Crop Scouting Competition for Iowa Youth 2016.