AKEPT-ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme 2016
Deadline: June 10, 2016
The fourth ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme will be held in Labuan Island and Beaufort, Sabah, Malaysia from August 7 – 14, 2016 under the theme of “Nurturing Local Leadership toward Sustainable Development”. The programme is jointly organized by ProSPER.Net and the Higher Education Leadership Academy of the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia in collaboration with Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) and University College of Technology Sarawak (UCTS).
The programme will provide participants with the necessary inter-disciplinary skills to lead sustainable development initiatives appropriate to local, regional or global contexts. Participants will go through a unique experience during the programme with a special focus on collaborative efforts, leveraging networks and involving multiple stakeholders.
Participants of the Leadership Programme will:
- Gain competencies in adaptive leadership, which involves creativity, appreciative thinking, alternative scenario building, and future visioning;
- Gain skills in communication and consensual decision-making processes through interpersonal active listening activities, and group decision-making simulations;
- Learn team project development skills through problem-based learning cases in the community;
- Enhance leadership qualities to serve societal needs.
- The fellowship covers the following:
- All costs of the Leadership Programme tuition;
- Return economy class travel;
- Visa application fee (if applicable);
- Ground transportation to/from airport in your country and in Malaysia;
- Accommodations and programmatic meals; except for travel insurance, which shall be the participant’s responsibility.
Participants will be selected on the basis of written application according to the following criteria:
- Affiliation to a ProSPER.Net member university; YRS alumni; YSA finalist or winner; professionals from public and private sector working in the Asia-Pacific region
- High level of understanding of written and spoken English language;
- An advanced understanding of sustainability and its relevance for own research or work;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work in a team environment and contribute to community service activities.
To participate in the programme, please read the instructions in the application form and submit the form along with a CV and a recommendation letter from the direct supervisor to the ProSPER.Net Secretariat via email@example.com
For more information, visit 2016 ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme.