Deadline: June 15, 2016
SafirLab is a program intended to support the civil society engaged in the issues of citizenship, local governance and the media. The objective of SafirLab is to create a sustainable dialogue with the youth who are committed to the issues of citizenship, local governance and the media. SafirLab offers assistance for about 20 project initiators from the MENA region.
This program provides them with a tools kit (training sessions on project management, pitching workshops, personalized mentoring, as well as professional meetings) aiming at developing and strengthening their initiatives in the long term. SafirLab also strives to enable the emergence of a network based on common values and shared experience. The 2016 edition of this program will bring together a maximum of 25 participants coming from 9 countries to Paris, from October 26 till November 6, 2016.
Social Innovation, at the heart of SafirLab 2016
Since it fully matches the intrinsic values of the program, social innovation will be at the heart of this edition. Hence, the projects should include suggestions about social innovation and meet, fully or partly, the following criteria:
- Meeting a social or societal need
- Involvement of the relevant stakeholders
- Collective adoption of the values
- Strong links with the countries
- Innovation through the economic model
- Open to young people aged between 20 and 30;
- Candidates should be from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia and Yemen.
Read the instructions on how to apply carefully.
Below are the key dates of the 2016 edition of SafirLab program:
- Launching of the online application platform – Monday May 17, 2016
- Closing the online application platform – Wednesday June 15, 2016
- Contacting the shortlisted applicants – Starting June 20
- Selection interviews (via video conference) – Starting June 20
- Publication of the final list of participants in SafirLab 2016 (25 participants from the 9 above-mentioned countries) – Monday July 18
- SafirLab Program in Paris – from October 26 till November 6, 2016
For more information, visit SafirLab 2016.