WISE Accelerator Program 2016/17- Submit Innovative Education Technology Projects
Deadline: September 8, 2016
Applications for the WISE Accelerator Program is now open! The WISE Accelerator is a program designed to support the development of innovative projects in the field of education. It relies on the expertise of qualified mentors and partners to provide projects with effective strategies and concrete support in order to ensure their development.
Each year, five projects are selected to join the program. These projects are followed for one year, during which time they benefit from tailor-made mentorship to address their specific needs. In addition, the WISE Accelerator serves as an intermediary to connect the selected projects to an international network that creates opportunities to share knowledge and find support from donors and investor
The year-long program is designed to assess and suit project needs as precisely as possible in order to bring them to the next stage in their successful development.
Key milestones in the 2016-2017 process are:
- Kick-off week of activities
- Needs assessment
- Tailor-made mentorship
- Opportunity to participate in international events
- Ongoing communication and international visibility
- Pitch with partners, investors and donors
- Progress assessment
Eligibility- Projects Invited to Apply
All education projects that use or link technology to their DNA are encouraged to apply!
Ideal candidates for the WISE Accelerator will be existing projects at an early stage of development, with the following attributes:
- Established for at least two years;
- A significant and growing number of beneficiaries or customers;
- A record of activities with a product or service that has been successfully implemented and beyond proof of concept;
- Existing, stable revenues, and new opportunities for growth;
- A dedicated team, with an established physical space or office;
- Deep knowledge of the market/educational context and of their beneficiaries’ or customers’ needs;
- Clear future objectives and motivation to develop further;
- Good understanding of the project’s current challenges in scaling.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Solution and innovation;
- Strategy and management;
- Development beyond proof of concept, and potential for growth
Projects will be selected in November, and announced in December 2016.
How to Apply
Apply online here
- Applications should only be for original projects related to the field of education and technology
- Projects should be formally constituted and should have progressed beyond proof of concept.
- All applicants must complete the official online application form fully a
For more information, visit WISE Accelerator