Canon Collins Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2016-2018
Deadline: August 15, 2016
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society. In early 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. For the next 3 years they will be offering scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
- Most awards will be valued at R65,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level. In exceptional cases they may offer up to R100,000 per year. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Annual conference will be organized for current scholars, and several smaller events will be held throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these named scholarships:
- Ros Moger and Terry Furlong
- Patrick and Janet Stuart
- Lionel Cliffe
- VC Scholarship at Fort Hare
- Sol Plaatje Canon Collins Scholarships
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
- Be normally resident in one of the above countries;
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
- Be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
- The application form can be accessed here.
For more information, visit Canon Collins Trust Scholarships.