Newton Fund Researchers Links Workshop Grants 2016
Deadline: September 19, 2016
Researcher Links Workshops bring together early-career researchers from the UK and a partner country to make international connections that can improve the quality of their research. Applications are made on a bi-lateral basis by senior researchers. Once funded, grants are available for early-career researchers in the UK and the country hosting the workshop to attend.
These grants are funded under the Newton Fund, a UK Government initiative funded by the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, together with partner funders from around the world. The Fund aims to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
- Leading Researchers as defined by the EC here can apply to be workshop coordinators;
- Each proposal must have one workshop coordinator from the UK, as well as a workshop coordinator from the partner countries listed. Bilateral workshops can be proposed between the UK and China, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico and Thailand.
- Ensure to see list of eligible UK research institutions in the Downloads section.
- Download and read the following documents;
- Apply using the online system (registration required);
The submission deadline is 16:00 UK time on 19th September 2016. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered for funding.
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to the Researcher Links email address [email protected]. Please specify that you are enquiring about the Newton Researcher Links Workshops call.
For more information, visit Newton Funds Researchers Grants.