Deadline: September 30, 2016
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI), through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) have launched the C.V. Raman Fellowship for African Researchers programme under the India-Africa Forum Summit to promote human capacity building through scientific and technological cooperation between Africa and India.
The objective of this Fellowship is to provide opportunity for African researchers to conduct collaborative research in various areas of science and technology in different Indian universities and R&D institutions under guidance of host scientists in India. This prestigious fellowship is aimed to further strengthen the bond between India and African nations in the fields of science and technology.
Types of Fellowship Offered
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship: Duration 6 months.
- Visiting Fellowship: Duration 3 months.
- Senior Fellowship: Duration 1 month.
- Sustenance Allowance
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 40,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses
- Visiting Fellowship : “Rs 50,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses”
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 50,000/- per month + accommodation (accommodation in host institute’s guest house with reasonable facilities / hotel with a cap of Rs 2500 per day).
- Contingency Grant: To cover unforeseen expenses relating to lab/field research, books, stationeries, medicines and other miscellaneous expenses, if any
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 20,000/-
- Visiting Fellowship : Rs 10,000/-
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 10000 + local travel grant(upto max.Rs.30000)
- Additional one time contingency grant for host Indian scientist will be provided as mentioned below:
- Post- Doctoral Fellowship: Rs 25,000
- Visiting Fellowship: Rs 20,000
- Senior Fellowship: Rs 10,000
- Air Fare: A round trip air ticket by economy class
The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in the African country and should meet the following eligibility criteria for each of the three categories:
- Doctoral/Post Doctoral Fellowship: Completed/Pursuing PhD in any recognised university or research institution in Africa;
- Visiting Fellowship: Ph.D / M.Tech / M.Sc. (Engg / Technical) or 4 to 6 years research / teaching experience;
- Senior Fellowship: Senior Experts / Scientists / Professors.
- Register a new application here;
- Selected applicants are required to finalize their duration of stay in India in consultation with their respective host scientists and promptly inform FICCI through email at [email protected];
- The following documents are to be submitted:
- Application Form duly filled-in by applicant
- Consent letter from host scientist on institution;
- Letter head or format attach with the application form;
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s current employer or head of institution;
- Detailed research plan in India, duly endorsed by applicant’s proposed host scientist;
- Copy of applicant’s highest degree/educational qualification;
- Photocopy of applicant’s valid Passport, showing his/her picture, passport number and other personal details;
- Latest photograph of applicant;
- Detailed CV including academic qualifications, scientific publications, achievements and work experience.