Deadline: August 22, 2016
Applications are invited for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC). The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own.
The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
- Age 18 – 33 years;
- Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
- Eligibile fields of qualification: for the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
- Accounting, Agriculture, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Diverse Natural Science Fields, Economics, Education, Environmental Management, Gender Studies, Human Resources Management, Human rights, International relations, Journalism, Law, Political Science, Space Science, Social Science, Statistics Translation/Interpretation
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- A modest monthly stipend
- Health insurance cover
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months
1) 23rd August – eligibility Check;
2) 15th September: Successful applicants will be notified;
3) 15th October – 01st November: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
4) 2017: Deployment of trained volunteers.
How to Apply
- Register on the AU-YVC Database (www.africa-youth.org/auyvc)
- Read carefully the information on the website
- Build Your Profile
- Attach the following:
- Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
- Highest qualification degree
- Letter of Recommendation
For more information, visit African Union YVC