Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2016/2017 (Prize of $20,000)
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a for-profit business while attending college of university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
EO GSEA supports student entrepreneurs who require much needed mentorship, recognition and connections to take their businesses to the next level of success. Their mission is to give student entrepreneurs the opportunity to accelerate their success, challenge the status quo. connect to an instrumental peer group and make the greatest impact possible in their community.
Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services, and will vary by location.
- At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$20,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Bangkok, Thailand. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000.
- Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
- The student must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application;
- The student must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation;
- The business must be structured ‘for-profit’ and have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application;
- The student’s company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months;
- The student must not have been the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards winner in the past and/or were not one of the top six finalists from the previous year’s GSEA Finals Competition.
For more information, visit GSEA 2016/2017.