Deadline: September 18, 2016
International Paper (IP) is currently looking for a Strategy and M&A Analyst Intern, based in the Brussels office (EMEA HQ) for the duration of at least 6 months, to help deliver thorough analysis supporting the development of the strategy and the M&A activities for the paper and packaging businesses in EMEA. The position is expected to start in mid September 2016 until at least February 2017.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic planning for EMEA;
- Be frequently exposed to very senior management of the company (Directors, VPs, CFO, President EMEA);
- Research and collect relevant data on market and competition through sector specific databases and access to Bloomberg terminal on site;
- Help decompose complex strategic questions in simpler building blocks;
- Support IP management in developing fact-based analysis to answer those strategic questions;
- Compare profitability of different strategic options (incl. potential M&A options) through financial modeling and valuations;
- Support the Due Diligence of potential acquisition targets;
- Synthesize main findings in compelling and high impact presentations;
- Be the owner of the process and the content of the assigned work.
- Salary ranges from 401 – 500 EUR/month.
- Open to students or recent graduates in Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Commercial Engineering;
- Top academic credentials are a must;
- Be fluent in English and ideally have a working proficiency in other European languages (French, Italian, Spanish and/or Russian preferred);
- Previous work experience in similar assignments is not mandatory as induction and trainings will be provided;
- Problem solving ability;
- Analytical and creative mindset;
- Strong quantitative analysis skills;
- Business modeling skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point;
- Have a genuine desire to work in an international setting, the appetite to learn more about the industry and learn and put in practice the strategic development toolkit.
- Ensure to include in the CV all the final marks of your studies (both high school and University) and/or current GPA in case you are not yet graduated;
- If selected, you will be invited for a motivational and business case interview. Interviews will be organized as soon as CVs are received early application is recommended.
For more information and application, visit Strategy and M&A Analyst Internship.