Deadline: Not specified
Applications are now open for the 2016 Dell Young Leaders Programme. Each academic year 100 Dell Young Leaders are selected across the University of Cape Town and University of Pretoria. Dell Young Leaders are first-generation South African university students who demonstrate resilience and great potential to become leaders in their chosen professions. The Dell Young Leaders Programme is helping students graduate and enter the professional workforce.
- Each Dell Young Leader receives financial support and wrap-around services that help to level the playing field for these first-generation university students.
- Students who are accepted into the programme begin university with seemingly insurmountable odds, but have a track record of overcoming adversity and leadership potential.
- After receiving individualized academic and psychosocial support, as well as holistic work readiness training, graduates leave the programme ready to defy the odds, secure employment and position themselves for a lifetime of success.
The expectations of Dell Young Leaders are high, but the students will admit those lofty expectations push them to even greater achievements. In addition to attending classes as a full-time student, students in the programme participate in academic skills development workshops and extended learning classes designed to improve the on-the-job soft skills that employers in South Africa look for most. Areas of concentration include psycho-social support, career mentorship and work readiness training.
- Students in their first year of study at the University of Pretoria and University of Cape Town are eligible to apply for the Dell Young Leaders Programme.
- Financial aid students are nominated by the respective institutions for the bursary, and students are then invited to apply to the programme.
- Each Dell Young Leader is an extraordinary individual, yet there are commonalities among all students in the programme.
- They are first-generation university students from deeply disadvantaged communities and simply being accepted into university is an enormous accomplishment. But Dell Young Leaders are accustomed to overcoming adversity.
- They embody resilience and persistence.
- They love their communities and seek to improve them.
- They are committed to South Africa and look to become leaders in their chosen professions.
How to Apply
For further details on the Dell Young Leaders Programme, please contact our offices at:
- University of Cape Town – Tel: 021-650 4147 | Email: [email protected]
- University of Pretoria – Tel: 012-420-4874 | Email: [email protected]
For more information, visit Dell Young Leaders Programme.