Deadline: September 18, 2016
Applications for the 2016 Global Ye! awards are now open! These awards are designed to celebrate an outstanding young entrepreneur who is successfully running his/her own enterprise and is making a positive impact on society. Ye! Award is an initiative of Children and Young Finance International (CYFI) supported by EY Netherlands.
The Ye! Award is part of the Global Inclusion Awards 2016. The Global Inclusion Awards 2016, a CYFI initiative, recognize and honor those that achieve greatness and demonstrate innovation in financial, social and livelihoods education, financial inclusion, and entrepreneurial support for children and youth at the national, regional and international level.
Ye! is an online platform for young entrepreneurs between 16 and 30 years old. Ye! connects young entrepreneurs around the world and provides them with business knowledge, an online community, a coaching program and links to funding opportunities to help them grow their ventures. There are currently 6000 entrepreneurs from 121 countries in this community.
- The award winner will win a sponsored trip to Sweden for the Global Awards Ceremony to join other entrepreneurs from around the world.
- The winner will also receive 50 hours of pro-bono consultancy services and mentoring from EY Netherlands.
- Entrepreneur is aged 16 – 30 years old
- Show a high level of integrity and a commitment to sustainability
- Existing businesses (>2 years) with proven customer base
- Post revenue
- Scalable or replicable business models
- Potential for sustainable job creation
- Commitment to the principles of People, Planet, Profit.
The Global Inclusion Awards 2016 focus on individuals, youth representatives and government authorities operating at both the national and global level that have excelled in the promotion of Economic Citizenship for children and youth through a combination of financial access and education. The work for this will be evaluated by the following aspects:
- Excellence: Nominees must be of outstanding character and reputation.
- Accountability: Nominees must demonstrate good governance and transparent financial management.
- Creativity: Nominees must show creative use of resources to deliver innovative and flexible programs.
- Partnership: Nominees must be able to demonstrate that integral to their activities is the spirit of effective collaboration and partnership.
- Sustainability: Nominees must show how their work will continue to impact young people in the long term.
- Track record: Nominees’ initiatives must be established in the community.
- Impact: Nominees must address needs and achieve desired outcomes.
- Outreach: Nominees must demonstrate current and future outreach of initiatives.
- Cost-effectiveness: Nominees must show how their funds go a long way.
Specific criteria to receive each award are detailed in the award categories.
- Depending on the category, awards are open to all children, youth, professionals, organizations and national entities.
- Awards may be self-nominated or submitted on behalf of another individual, group, institution, or organization.
- Nominations should be submitted online between Aug 18th and Sept 18th 2016, along with any supporting documents (e.g. newspaper articles, personal testimonies, reports, publications, photos).
- Shortlisted nominees will be presented to the Global Inclusion Awards Jury and the jury will make their final decision in early October.
- Please submit all nominations in English.
To apply, visit Globe Ye! Awards.
For more information, visit Global Ye! Awards and childfinanceinternational.org