Apply: Start-Up Chile Seed Program 2017
Deadline: September 7, 2016
Start-Up Chile Seed is a program for those who want to accelerate and develop a world-class startup in Chile, while helping to shape the local culture to embrace entrepreneurship. Talented entrepreneurs from all over the world are invited to apply to be part of the program. If you have an amazing and scalable business idea or an established startup with high growth potential your application would be gladly received.
- Corfo will provide a grant, in other words, a non-refundable transfer of money for up to 90% of the total project cost with a ceiling of Ch$20,000,000 (twenty million Chilean pesos);
- Additionally, if the project is allocated in a Chilean city out of Santiago, the grant will increase in Ch$10,000,000 (ten million Chilean pesos);
- In the case of a project from a Chilean who has finished a Graduate Degree in a Foreign University, the grant will be increased Ch$10.000.000 (ten million Chilean pesos).
- Participants must contribute at least the remaining 10% in cash during the project execution.
- You can apply as a Natural Person, no matter your nationality; or as a Chilean Legal Person, yes only Chilean Companies. If you apply as a Natural Person, then you will be the beneficiary of the grant. If you apply as a Chilean Legal Person, then this Chilean company will be the beneficiary;
- Your Company cannot be older than two years of age, organizers are looking for early stage startups;
- The team leader must be 100% dedicated to the project (you cannot be employed in any other company while you are participating in the program). *All these terms apply to Chilean participants equally;
- Consulting companies, export/import companies and franchises are not accepted as they are not easily scalable on a global level.
The following are requirements for application:
- Video: All startups are to provide a 2 minute video, explaining what pain is solved, introduce the team members and why they are applying to Start-Up Chile. Videos with animations will be rejected;
- Recommendation Letter: Only provide the email of the person that will write your recommendation letter. Once it has been submitted (during the application process), the person will receive a notification asking to write one;
- Documents: All your identification must be valid at the time of your application (passport or Chilean ID). If you are in the process of renewing your identification you must present a document which proves that it is being renewed.