kanthari Course for Social Changemakers 2017 – Kerala, India (Funding Available)
Deadline: December 20, 2016
kanthari is pleased to announce the application for the course starting in May 2017 in Kerala, India. kanthari in Trivandrum, Kerala, South of India, offers a 7 month leadership program for visionaries who have overcome adversity and who are keen to drive ethical social change. All hands-on practical workshops are conducted by a group of international experts we call catalysts. kanthari fosters participants from all over the world.
kanthari welcomes participants who have overcome significant life challenges ranging from vision impairment, disability, poverty, war, discrimination, and exploitation. Participants could also be witnesses to social situations they wish to change so others do not suffer. They should have a passion to make the world a better place and the strength to be forces of good rather than be victims of circumstance. kanthari’s seven month program will help participants develop all necessary skills to succeed as social change-makers.
- Selected participants will qualify for a scholarship provided by donors to cover the training fee and accommodation. All travel fees and incidental expenses will be the responsibility of the participants.
- Applicants should be over 22 years of age;
Be committed, 100%, to making their goals/dreams/vision and social project come true continuing even after completing the program;
Be ready to come to the institute with a spirit of integrity, mutual respect, exchange, contribution and teamwork;
Be willing to help others achieve their goals and develop their skills in the areas which they consider themselves an expert;
Be willing to participate in all activities giving 100% every time in terms of knowledge, experience, energy, effort, creativity and talent;
Ready to spend 7 months of your life in a developing country working intensively on developing your social entrepreneurship and leadership skills;
Be flexible, mobile, independent in actions and thoughts.
- Step 1 – Complete the Online application form;
- Step 2 – Initial interview view Skype to get a feel for your passion and clarity in regards to your chosen project;
- Step 3 – Write up an Essay in which you write about your history, your challenges, how you have dealt with these, and about your vision for social change;
- Step 4 – Follow up interview will be conducted by an independent expert to determine your suitability for this very intense course by building a personality profile;
- Step 5 – Final interview will be done with the management of kanthari before a final selection decision is made. There will be additional assignments to be completed before arrival in India.
For more information, visit Kanthari Course 2017.