ConDev’s Student Media Grants 2016 (Up to $5,000 Grants)
Deadline: September 30, 2016
The Center on Conflict and Development at the Texas A&M University is accepting proposals for the Student Media Grants. The ConDev’s Student Media Grants is for students interested in capturing issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of the world through stunning photography. Past winners have traveled to and produced photography highlighting issues in Nigeria, Mali, India, Nicaragua, Kenya, Haiti, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Perú, and other conflict-affected regions.
- Up to $5,000 grants to be awarded.
- Open to students worldwide (undergraduate, graduate, PhD, etc.);
- Students graduating in April-May 2017 are also eligible to apply.
Proposals should be submitted to [email protected] with “Student Media Grant: [Name of Student]” as the subject line. Only one proposal can be submitted per student.
- Proposal Format
- No more than four (8.5”×11”) pages (not including cover page)
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- 1″ margins
- Proposals must include the following components:
- Cover Sheet;
- Thematic Focus;
- Statement of Motivation;
- Media Experience;
- Narrative of Planned Activities (including Plan for Promotion);
- August 1, 2016: APPLICATION OPENS! You can start e-mailing your finished proposals to conde[email protected];
- September 30, 2016 by 11:59pm CST: Application deadline;
- October 2016: Proposal Review Period;
- December 2016: Notification Period (approximate);
- January 2017 (Depending on proposal timeline): Funding Disbursement (approximate);
- January-December 2017: Grant winners travel and implement their photojournalism projects.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Student Media Grant Manager at [email protected] or 979-458-9399 for any question.
For more information, visit ConDev’s Student Media Grants.