Wiki Loves Monuments International Photo Contest- Win a Travel Grant to Attend Wikimania 2017
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photo contest for monuments, organized by Wikimedia. Wikimedia is the movement behind Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – a global collaboration authored by volunteers.
The challenge: discover the heritage in your own neighborhood and document and share photos of your local heritage with the world.
Wiki Loves Monuments is running in more than 40 countries around the world from the 1st – 30th of September 2016. Every country has its own monuments, organisation, partners and awards – and the ten best photos for each country will be submitted to the international finale. By entering a national competition, you automatically compete in the international competition.
Wiki Loves Monuments is a federative contest, and therefore each contestant is able to win prizes in their respective national contest. Please take a look at these more specific websites for more details. You can find a list of the national contests on the ‘Participate’ page.
The national juries will nominate photos for the international contest, which has its own jury and awards.
There are five prizes available for the international contest:
- one scholarship (travel grant) with a maximum value of €2000 for Wikimania (August 2017, Montreal, Canada)
- two €1000 voucher/cash prizes
- two €500 voucher/cash prizes.
The top 5 winners of the international contest will be asked to give their preference regarding the prizes.
On top of the general prizes, this year we also have one special category prize:
- The highest scoring picture from a member state of the Council of Europe will receive a printed copy of his/her winning photo signed by Maestro Plácido Domingo, the president of Europa Nostra. Sponsored by Europa Nostra.
There are a few rules for photos to participate in the international contest. Most of these rules are also adopted as rules for participation on a national level. Every submission should be:
- Self taken and self uploaded;
- Uploaded in September 2016;
- Freely licensed;
- Contain an identified monument;
- Nominated through a national contest
Next to that, there are a few practical rules:
- The participant should have an activated e-mail address on the upload platform;
- The first winner will get to choose the first prize etc.
If necessary, the rules can be adapted via the international coordinators.
How to Enter
Follow this link, click on one of the country names below to go to the local competition page, or go directly to the main Upload Wizard page where you can choose your monument’s country and start your upload from there.
For more information, visit Wiki Loves Monuments