Cultural Vistas Internship Programs in Argentina and Chile 2017 for U.S. and Canadian Students!
Deadline: January 17, 2017
Applications are now accepted for the 2017 Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Argentina and Chile. The Cultural Vistas Internship Programs provides U.S. and Canadian students and young professionals with internship placements in either Buenos Aires or Córdoba and in the city of Santiago de Chile.
Internship In Argentina
- Internships are available in a variety of fields, including, but not limited to, business/finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, Spanish studies, and economics.
- Cultural Vistas offers two different 12-week programs in Argentina: a four-week Spanish language course and an eight-week internship (language/internship option) or a 12-week internship (internship option).
- All internships are unpaid; however, scholarships are available to qualified participants. All participants receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program.
Internship Program in Chile
- This program provides U.S. and Canadian students and young professionals with internship placements in a variety of fields in the city of Santiago de Chile.
- Cultural Vistas offers two different 12-week programs in Chile: a four-week Spanish language course and an eight-week internship (language/internship option) or a 12-week internship (internship option).
- All internships are unpaid; however, scholarships are available to qualified participants.
Cultural Vistas works with various organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their individual goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings. Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Argentina and Chile includes:
- Application assistance including help drafting an Argentinean-style or Chilean-style resume
- Internship placement in your target field with an Argentinean or Chilean organization
- Pre-departure orientation mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Health insurance (at an additional cost of $55 per month)
- Airport pickup upon arrival in Argentina (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Buenos Aires or Córdoba
- Enrollment in language course (language/internship option)
- Housing in Buenos Aires or Córdoba or Santiago (optional)
- Support throughout the program in Argentina or Chile and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
- U.S. or Canadian citizen
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent (language/internship option)
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent AND high-intermediate level of Spanish sufficient to function in a Spanish-speaking work environment immediately upon arrival in Argentina or Chile (internship option)
- Minimum of two years of university-level studies
- Practical experience in target internship field does not need to be extensive, but is preferred (i.e. summer employment, prior internship, volunteer position, etc.). The more experience an applicant has, the more desirable he/she will be to a potential host company.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Applications must be submitted at least 3 to 4 months before desired start date.
Applications for summer 2017 are due January 15, 2017.