IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2017
Deadline: January 11, 2017
Application is ongoing for the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program. Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Evolution and Ecology
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- World Population
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- Arctic Futures Initiative
- Tropical Futures Initiative
- Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within European and Eurasian Space
(Contacting the various program representatives is strongly encouraged!)
The Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist;
- broaden your research interests by working in IIASA’s interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career;
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article.
- You are a PhD student (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- Your field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- Your would like to explore the policy implications of your work
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times).
- Apply via the online application form.
Please indicate your interest for a flagship project in the box provided in the application form (under “please justify your choice of programs here”).
Candidates will be informed about acceptance of their applications by March 10, 2017.
For more information, visit IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program.