Apply to the Gleitsman Leadership Fellowship 2017
Deadline: February 24, 2017
Applications are invited for the Gleitsman Leadership Fellowships 2017. The fellowships are funded through an endowed gift to CPL from the estate of Alan L. Gleitsman. These fellowships provide significant financial support and a robust cocurricular experience to promising Harvard Kennedy School students interested in social change.
Gleitsman Fellowships recognize Harvard Kennedy School students for their background or potential as activists. With the income generated by a $23 million endowed gift from the estate of Alan L. Gleitsman, CPL launched the Gleitsman Program in Leadership for Social Change (GPLSC) in 2007. It was Mr. Gleitsman’s hope that if the world knew of the accomplishments of social activists, others would be inspired by their stories and would fight to correct some of the other problems facing the world, thereby improving the quality of life for all of us.
- Fellows are awarded a scholarship up to full tuition and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program
- Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply;
- Active participation in the weekly co-curricular program is a requirement of all fellows for the duration of their award;
- Award decisions will be primarily merit based but with a consideration of financial need as determined by the HKS Student Financial Services.
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is early December 1, 2016.
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship
Applicants must submit:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae, not to exceed 2 pages in length;
- A document containing written responses to the following two prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about and its personal significance (1,000 words or less);
- Please discuss briefly your interest in the fellowship and how your experiences and goals have motivated you to apply (200 words or less);
- Two letters of recommendation specific to your fit for the Gleitsman Fellowship. The letters must be in PDF form, signed by the referrer, on letterhead indicating the referrer’s institution. All application materials, including recommendations must be submitted by the fellowship application deadline, February 24, 2017.
Finalists for the Gleitsman Fellowship will be asked to participate in an interview with members of the Gleitsman Fellowship Selection Committee.
For more information, visit Gleitsman Leadership Fellowship 2017.