Emerging Leaders Program Award for Nigerian Students 2016 – $3250 in prizes
Deadline: November 30, 2016
Applications are now invited for the Emerging Leaders Programme, a project of the Global Shapers Community (Abuja Hub) in partnership with Selfless for Africa Inc. The EL Programme seeks to give grants to young people in Nigeria to embark on projects that show exemplary leadership and address a prevalent problem in the community. The aim is to provide young teams with sufficient funds in order to fix a problem with sustainable solutions.
About the Award
This is a community service award scheme sponsored by Global Shapers-Abuja Hub and Selfless for Africa Inc. It will be focused on developing young people in our communities and exposing the youth to community service initiatives.
The participating tertiary institutions students are expected to form a team of 3 to 5 students, which must have a team name and slogan. The scheme will encourage the youth of Nigeria to believe in themselves, cultivate the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism. The teams from the various tertiary institutions are expected to choose a deprived community in Nigeria, identify a project that can be implemented to benefit the community at large, and present a proposal focused on developing/empowering people within that community.
- Receive $3,500 ($2,500 to implement the community project and $1,000 for participants of the winning team)
- Showcase of groups efforts across the sponsor’s communication channels (websites, fundraising events etc.)
- Souvenirs from Selfless4 Africa and other partners
- A plaque
- A plaque
- Souvenirs from Selfless4 Africa and other partners.
- Participating institution must be based in Nigeria.
- Participants from participating tertiary institution must be registered university students.
- Participants from participating tertiary institution must have an interest in community service and service to humanity.
The three shortlisted institutions will present their proposal in a face-to-face presentation using pictures and videos. Give reasons why Global Shapers- Abuja Hub and Selfless4Africa should support their project.
How to Apply
- Identify a community in Nigeria that needs support.
- Fill a community service application form on Global Shapers Abuja hub site.
- Download Team Information and Endorsment form, fill, scan and send to [email protected] with scanned copy of all team members student ID card
For more information, visit Emerging Leaders Program Award.